The True Talents of Africa football academy at Nova Pioneer secondary school is Kenya’s first private residential football academy.
In partnership with Nova Pioneer Secondary School, The TTA Football Academy program gives talented football students opportunities to pursue football as a career, attain scholarships and grow as individuals through the sport.
The program itself is intensive and runs in tandem with the school schedule with students having sessions up to 5-6 times per week.
Past graduates of the TTA Nova program have gone on to excel locally and internationally.
The TTA Football Academy Development Model
The True Talents of Africa Football Academy program aspires to maximize player and character development in 3 key areas of a players’ performance.
These areas include:
1. Football Development
Where we focus on 4 key areas of player development:
Mental – Focused on the players’ character development both on and off the field i.e. team work, self-esteem, self-awareness, leadership, etc.
Technical – focused on the player’s technique when on the ball development.
Tactical – focused on the psychological aspects of the game including communication, creativity, leadership…
Physical – focused on the players’ physical development and sports specific athleticism. Enhancing attributes like coordination, speed, and agility.
2. Academic Development
All TTA Student-athletes attend a mandatory study hall/extra prep session on a weekly basis to ensure the upkeep of their academic performance.
3. Character Development
Every week, TTA Student athletes attend a ‘mental conditioning’ session that serves as a mentorship program. Here, students have different activities aimed at developing various aspects of their character that will enable them to navigate the world as leaders.
The program format
The TTA Football Academy program at Nova Pioneer runs in the following format, consistent with our developmental model:
(Note that students are in class during regular classroom hours.)
|Tuesday||Mental conditioning and Character building sessions||Mental conditioning and mentorship sessions are classroom session focused on the character development of the students.|
|Physical resistance training||Physical resistance training is performed through the use of weights and resistance focused on students’ athletic development|
|Wednesday||Intensive training||Field football training in divided age-specific teams|
|Saturday||More intense training||Field football training in divided age-specific teams|
|Sunday||Intensive training or matches||Field football training/matches in divided age-specific teams|
TTA International Partners
1. FC Malaga City is a full-time Spanish football academy for elite 16-20-year-olds from across the globe. The Academy has sent over 30 players onto professional teams and play in matches against the likes of Athletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Barcelona.
2. Sports Recruiting USA is an agency which has helped players internationally attain scholarships to play and study in the United States college soccer system.
3. FA Euro is an academy based in Florida USA with a residential Programme geared towards developing elite level athletes whilst they pursue their education simultaneously.
4. SoccerViza is a professional agency based in the US that grants the most talented TTA students direct professional opportunities.
5. Brookhouse College UK is an internationally acclaimed residential football academy based in Leicestershire England that develops talented youth footballers from around the world.