Nova Pioneer is intentional about ensuring our students achieve their full potential and our policies to reflect that. For this reason, we strictly implement our Admissions Age policy.
Young students may be academically, and even socially/emotionally, prepared for the ‘grade ahead’, however, it is often in later years that age differences become pronounced. At that point, if not earlier, students who are young for their grade may experience disadvantages in their learning. The academic, interpersonal and self-management expectations of students at Nova Pioneer are high which can place an additional stretch on a student who is enrolled ahead-of-age. This means that a student who repeats a grade they may have completed elsewhere will continue to be stretched.
Ages and Grades for Admission
Students at Nova Pioneer are placed in grades according to their age, as outlined in our Admissions Age Policy below:
- Grade 000 – 3 turning 4 (Students must be 3 to enter as at 1 January)
- Grade 00 – 4 turning 5 (Students must be 4 to enter as at 1 January)
- Grade R – 5 turning 6 (Students must be 5 to enter as at 1 January)
- Grade 1 – 6 turning 7 (Students must be 6 to enter as at 1 January)
- Grade 2 – 7 turning 8 (Students must be 7 to enter as at 1 January)
- Grade 3 – 8 turning 9 (Students must be 8 to enter as at 1 January)
- Grade 4 – 9 turning 10 (Students must be 9 to enter as at 1 January)
- Grade 5 – 10 turning 11 (Students must be 10 to enter as at 1 January)
- Grade 6 – 11 turning 12 (Students must be 11 to enter as at 1 January)
- Grade 7 – 12 turning 13 (Students must be 12 to enter at 1 January)
Age Policy for Secondary School Admission
A student should be 13 or 14 to enter secondary school in Grade 8. An original primary school report of primary school grade completed must be available.
We recommend that the student is in a class of similar-aged peers as well as be no more than two years older than their peers in that grade. Got Questions, feel free to get in contact with your campus admissions associate, click here for contact details.